Bringing Together Communities and the Criminal Justice System to Address Officer-Involved Fatalities
Ramsey County (MN) Attorney John Choi and Lucy Lang, former Director of the Institute for Innovation (IIP) in Prosecution, discuss an officer-involved fatalities toolkit spearheaded by IIP.
Watch here. (26 minutes)
County Attorney Choi and Valerie Castile, the mother of a man killed by police in 2016, were part of the working group that developed the toolkit. The group consisted of prosecutors, police chiefs, academics, and advocates. The toolkit provides tangible actions for prosecutors and communities to take before and after an officer-involved fatality occurs.
To read the toolkit, click here.
- Alternatives to Sentencing/Post-Filing Diversion
- Best Practices Committee
- Community Collaboration
- Conviction Review
- Court Collaboration
- Did you Know?
- Family Violence Crime Strategies
- Felony Crime Strategies
- General Crime Strategies
- Gun Crime Strategies
- Implicit Bias/Racial and Ethnic Inequity
- Innovations Blog
- IPS Grant
- Juvenile Strategies
- Low-Level Crime Strategies
- Narcotics Crime Strategies
- Office-Wide Reform Strategies
- PCE News
- PCE Publications
- Pre-Filing Diversion
- Procedural Reform/Bail/Sealing
- Re-entry programs
- Recruitment and Retention
- Sex Crime/Human Trafficking Strategies
- Victim Services and Assistance Programs
- Video Blog
- Violence Investigation/Reduction Strategies