Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office (Kansas City, MO)
Population: 700,310 | Number of Full-Time Prosecutors: 75 | Contact Information
With a focus on the urban core of the jurisdiction, the Jackson County Prosecutor Community Advisory Board consists of nine people of varying levels of expertise in the legal field, including a person who had been wrongfully convicted of a crime in the jurisdiction more than twenty years ago. The board also includes representatives who don’t necessarily view the role of the prosecutor favorably, a family member of victims to crime, and a representative for the LGBTQ+ community.
The board is presented with office data to guide discussion on policy. The process has resulted in a revised drug policy aimed at growing trust in the community.
WATCH Jackson County Prosecuting Attorney, Jean Peters Baker, discuss the Jackson County Prosecutor Community Advisory Board.
- Alternatives to Sentencing/Post-Filing Diversion
- Community Collaboration
- Conviction Review
- Did you Know?
- Family Violence Crime Strategies
- General Crime Strategies
- Gun Crime Strategies
- Implicit Bias/Racial and Ethnic Inequity
- Innovations Blog
- IPS Grant
- Juvenile Strategies
- Narcotics Crime Strategies
- Office-Wide Reform Strategies
- PCE News
- PCE Publications
- Pre-Filing Diversion
- Procedural Reform/Bail/Sealing
- Related Materials
- Sex Crime/Human Trafficking Strategies
- Victim Services and Assistance Programs
- Violence Investigation/Reduction Strategies