King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office (King County, WA)
Population: 2,269,675 | Number of Full-Time Prosecutors: 294 | Contact Information
Utilizing the office’s Prosecutor by Karpel case management system to examine data, the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office published a public data dashboard using Microsoft Power BI.
The dashboard aims to reach those in the community that may not have any knowledge of the criminal justice system and includes educational elements like explanations of the criminal justice process and a glossary of legal terms. The dashboard includes information ranging from open caseloads to demographics and can be filtered by the user in a variety of ways. In addition to being used for community access, the data was also used to advocate for additional funding.
Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Daniel Clark, and Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, David Baker, discuss their data dashboard in the video above.
- Alternatives to Sentencing/Post-Filing Diversion
- Community Collaboration
- Conviction Review
- Court Collaboration
- Did you Know?
- Family Violence Crime Strategies
- General Crime Strategies
- Gun Crime Strategies
- Implicit Bias/Racial and Ethnic Inequity
- Innovations Blog
- IPS Grant
- Juvenile Strategies
- Low-Level Crime Strategies
- Narcotics Crime Strategies
- Office-Wide Reform Strategies
- PCE News
- PCE Publications
- Pre-Filing Diversion
- Procedural Reform/Bail/Sealing
- Re-entry programs
- Related Materials
- Sex Crime/Human Trafficking Strategies
- Victim Services and Assistance Programs
- Video Blog
- Violence Investigation/Reduction Strategies