The Empathetic Prosecutor: Reducing Bias When Working With Victims, Survivors, and Witnesses
Authors: PCE, New York County District Attorney’s Office, San Diego District Attorney’s Office, and Queens District Attorney’s Office
-What does bias look like?
-How can prosecutors reduce bias when working with their witnesses?
-How do you remove bias from your work?
Read our latest report to find ways that you can reduce bias and become a more empathetic prosecutor for victims, survivors, and witnesses.
- Alternatives to Sentencing/Post-Filing Diversion
- Community Collaboration
- Conviction Review
- Court Collaboration
- Did you Know?
- Family Violence Crime Strategies
- Felony Crime Strategies
- General Crime Strategies
- Gun Crime Strategies
- Implicit Bias/Racial and Ethnic Inequity
- Innovations Blog
- IPS Grant
- Juvenile Strategies
- Low-Level Crime Strategies
- Narcotics Crime Strategies
- Office-Wide Reform Strategies
- PCE News
- PCE Publications
- Pre-Filing Diversion
- Procedural Reform/Bail/Sealing
- Re-entry programs
- Recruitment and Retention
- Related Materials
- Sex Crime/Human Trafficking Strategies
- Victim Services and Assistance Programs
- Video Blog
- Violence Investigation/Reduction Strategies