Human trafficking is the second most profitable criminal industry behind the drug trade, estimated by the International Labor Organization to be a $150 billion industry worldwide. To better equip prosecutors to address this devastating crime, the National District Attorneys Association’s Women Prosecutors Section developed a National Human Trafficking Prosecution Best Practices Guide. The guide provides an overview of sex trafficking and labor trafficking, various state and federal trafficking laws, working with victims, the investigative process, and more. Read
Join the National District Attorneys Association’s Women Prosecutors Section Sign Up Here
The Women Prosecutors Section is open to all members of the NDAA. The Chair of the Committee is District Attorney Jackie Lacey of Los Angeles County, California.
The many benefits of the section include:
- A network of NDAA members committed to leadership, mentorship, and friendship by women prosecutors.
- Providing education and promoting increased opportunities for women seeking leadership positions within prosecution offices.
- Assisting NDAA in public engagement and education on issues of particular importance to women prosecutors.
- An annual banquet and speaker program.
- Writing white papers on various topics of importance to prosecutors.
- The National Domestic Violence Prosecution Best Practices Guide is a recent publication. Read